Thursday, March 13, 2014

Trekking with the tablets and treasures.

Kerry assured me that every young person there would know more than me inside ten minutes and he was just about right. Kelly said I would be the Bill Gates of Nepal and he was correct as well. People from distant villages came to see the "mam and her gifts" and to touch my hair and poke my  boobs.

After the tablets, the books brought the biggest crowd as no one had seen big colorful books made for children. The pictures of their children with animals and our children with animals brought laughter and conversation from young and old. To all of you who contributed, you too would have been humbled at the happiness brought by the things we take for granted. and to Kerry, I can' thank you enough for downloading the tablets - the result was over the top.

No comments: