Thursday, March 13, 2014

Trekking to Bupsa

Trekking to Bupsa was absolutely the most rigorous, demanding, draining experience of my life! No wonder no one has taken the time to help this school-yet I was on a mission, so looking back, the steepest most rugged terrain with huge boulders surrounded by a mixture of donkey pee, donkey poo, snow melt and glacier runoff was but a painful passing slap on my zestful exuberance. Forget the hours of struggling up the endless trail up to my knees in the slush, when the children at Bupsa Primary School presented me with flowers, and scarves, and "Namaste," I was touched, but when I presented each child with colored pencils, their pride and appreciation was the most humbling experience of my life. The teachers had organized this official greeting for my arrival, and regardless of how torn and shabby the uniforms, the students were neat, clean and standing at attention during the whole ordeal. The students clapped in unison through the flower/scarf  portion; then I was instructed to pass my gifts to the headmaster and make a short speech in their language. On a beautiful day in Nepal, I was given far more than I gave and learned far more than I taught. 

5 comments:

Bill B said...

Wonderful experiences you are sharing. I'm happy for you and your friends.

Unknown said...

So enjoying tagging along vicariously, Rosemary. Thanks for all the posting.
Joan

Unknown said...

So enjoying tagging along vicariously, Rosemary. Thanks for all the posting.
Joan

Unknown said...

9119

Unknown said...

Whoops, first it said my numbers didn't match, then it posted my comment 3 times. So sorry everyone.