Friday, March 14, 2014

Trekking to Bupsa Primary School

In my perfect world, education for all children reaches across continents and resonates as a reality regardless of socio/economic differences. On each visit to the remote regions of Nepal, my mind zinged into overdrive as I stopped at schools with nothing but blackboards and chalk, a couple of books and a teacher. My feeble attempts to brighten their world with a day here and a day there of teaching English through song and hand motions played like a lost melody, and the drum of reality beat inside my head until I found a way to soften the sound and formulated a plan for sustainability in one small school.
 For the first time, Bupsa Primary School reaches across technology and shares a tiny portion of my perfect world.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Rosemary! I think my earlier comment was erased. Michelle Johnson (SHMS) will teach in Tanzania this summer and would love to get together when you return. Onward!