Saturday, November 24, 2007

Life is a Puzzle!


Trip-time is rapidly approaching, so I’ve been looking over my information and quizzically pondering some of the suggestions. As a result, I went to the outdoor store to buy water treatment tablets but became confused because there were so many to choose from. Then, as luck would have it, I ran into a drop-dead handsome mountaineer who could have sold me hot butter in the sunshine. Suddenly, I knew how to solve my dilemma. Using deductive thinking, I made my purchase based on his recommendation: “He looks good, so the product must be excellent.”

After returning home, I looked at my list again, and here is where the “quizzically pondering” part really kicked in. An umbrella is recommended for “extra privacy during pit stops on the trail.” Moreover, trekking skirts are said to, “give women a bit of privacy for off-trail pit stops.” So here I am, wrapped in my long underwear, with my hiking sticks and lifted skirt in one hand and my umbrella, braced for action, in the other. My body is clearly paralyzed by the daunting task of maneuvering my props into a position that will attain the sought after “bit of privacy.” "Guess What?" "I'm clueless!" If you are one of my writing students, you’ll get ten extra credit points for a “Process Paper” that leads to the successful completion of this challenge. Life is a puzzle!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

All I have to say is if I were a size 8, I would not be worrying about privacy.
Peg

Dieter and Barb's travels said...

Privacy is an over rated thing...tell everyone to turn their heads! You are too funny, Rosemary! Keep up those blogs...love them! Barb

ST said...

I have found your solution. I would recommend the Whizzy over the My Sweet Pee, but I'm not a woman, so what do I know?

A girl I met in Guatemala who had done a lot of trekking swore by hers.

http://whizzy4you.com/
http://www.mysweetpee.com/