Monday, January 14, 2008

Village Schools

Outdoor play included jumping with
bamboo jump ropes.

The village schools were filled with smiling children and friendly teachers. When I told them that I was a teacher, they were eager to practice their English and exchange information. The teachers earn approximately 150/month. They were very kind, caring and enthusiastic despite so few resources. This classroom had seven or eight books for the twenty plus students. I regret that I didn't take books with me, and I'm looking into the possibility of getting books to the remote schools.









As shown on the blackboard below, this Sitlklas School classroom had 36 students. There were five classrooms with similar numbers. This school is in a larger village and has a few more resources than others we visited. We met many of the teachers, talked to the principal and made a donation to the school.

















This delightful teacher told me that she was teaching some English to her students. If I understood her correctly, she is allowed one class period for English, and the rest of the time is spent on Nepali studies.






These children go to one of the many private city schools in the cities.








No comments: