Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thanks to all of you who followed

Thanks to all of you who followed my progress, and a special thanks to those who were technologically proficient enough to send encouraging messages my way. I was delighted to hear from you and thrilled that you followed my steps across rivers . . . through the villages where children played,


around the smiling children, toward the distant mountains,





past the volleyball game on the short stretch of level tera, into the hot springs we shared with the Nepali,












through stone houses,
and along rock footpaths,


and across more rivers and treacherous bridges. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Rosie,
We all certainly enjoyed keeping up with you, awaiting the next chapter.
Now as to how proficient we are,
I must confess that I had to call
Peggy for my password and we were
able to figure it out. Then there
was the bridge disaster report
when we couldn't pull up your
itinerary...
But you made it home, safe and sound -- with only our prayers,
good wishes, and occasional
grumblings about technology
to send your way.
Now that I have seen your pictures
I am more greatful than ever for
the wonderful country that we live
in and all that we take for
granted.
Thanks for the insight.

Love, Judy

Peggy said...

Amen to Judy's comments. I guess when we start planning the next girls trip, going to the beach or the mountains or shopping may be a bit anti-climactic for you Rosie, but we will look forward to a get-together.

I must tell you your experience has encouraged me to get with the exercise program. I started women's boot camp a week ago and am there at 5:15 each morning running up and down hills, doing push ups, yoga, calisthenics, interval runs, you name it.

I already feel better overall, but hurt in a few places I did not know I had.

Send us a long email.

Love and better health in 2008,
Peggy