Sunday, December 30, 2007

Why I'm here


And now, I leave you with this, the reason I'm here . .
Our group of twentyfour trekkers hiked in groups of five or six with our Sherpa Guides leading the way. Trekking the Himalayas is such a wonderful experience, but not for the faint of heart. The best views are bestowed on those that go Up, Up, and Up! Thanks to my hiking partners, my running inspirers and my lifting advisors, I sailed up without too much trouble. The hiking gave me strength, the running gave me wind and those squats saved my knees on the downhill. I told my friends about the "doggedly trudged" title given me by the writer that took my picture at the top of Mt. St. Helens. They said I was better than a "doggedly trudged" label this time. So there! And here are the views from the top of the ridge. .

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow, what a sight and to see it in the flesh. I now understand your passion.

Yes, the bridges do look treacherous and to plunge down hundred of feet into icy waters not fun.

It sounded as though the one that fell was being traversed by hundreds at a time, thus my instructions about limited numbers.

Will call when you are home. Keep the pictures and comments coming. I am ready for the IMAX version.

How many members were on this trek?

Love,
Peg

joan said...

I am in awe! I can only imagine what it is like to have such an incredible dream and work so hard to make it come true. You inspire me to dream (and to diet).

ST said...

Rosie, I've really enjoyed reading about your Himalayan adventure. I am extremely jealous. Those mountains look amazing.